What types of scholarship are available?
Merit are awarded to students who can demonstrate outstanding academic merit or demonstrate strong work performance along with the demonstrable desire to secure ongoing employment within the industry to which they applied for the scholarship.
Access and equity scholarships provide equitable access to study at TAFE Queensland. They are awarded to students who can demonstrate a genuine interest in and commitment to their chosen career and identify themselves with one or more of the following categories as a person who is:
- of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- has significant caring responsibilities
- has a disability or long-term medical condition or illness
- long-term unemployed (for a period greater than 6 months);
- a sole parent
- suffering significant financial difficulties or social barriers to study
- a woman in a non-traditional industry (e.g. automotive, construction)
- a man in a non-traditional industry (e.g. hairdressing and beauty, health services)
- a mature age student returning to the workforce (over the age of 35)
- suffering from another specified disadvantage.