What types of scholarship are available?
TAFE Queensland Scholarships
Available in two categories:
Merit scholarships are awarded to students who have achieved outstanding academic merit or demonstrate strong work performance along with the demonstrable desire to secure ongoing employment within the industry to which they applied for the Scholarship.
Access and equity scholarships provide equitable access to study at TAFE Queensland. They are awarded to students who can demonstrate a genuine interest in and commitment to their chosen career and identify themselves with one of the following access and equity categories:
- is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- has significant caring responsibilities;
- has a disability or long-term medical condition or illness;
- is long-term unemployed (for a period greater than 6 months);
- is a sole parent;
- suffers significant financial difficulties or social barriers to study;
- suffers from another specified disadvantage.
Advance Queensland – TAFE Queensland Indigenous Pathway Scholarship
Advance Queensland – TAFE Queensland Indigenous Pathway Scholarships are access and equity scholarships awarded to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students to undertaking eligible TAFE Queensland science, technology, engineering, arts and maths (STEAM) courses.
Please see TAFE Queensland – Scholarship Program Terms and Conditions for full details on all scholarships available.